- Animal Welfare and the Meat Market
- Livestock Presentation and Welfare before Slaughter
- Solving Livestock Handling Problems in Slaughter Plants
- Physiology of Stress, Distress, Stunning and Slaughter
- Muscle Structure, Exercise and Metabolism
- Post-mortem Muscle Metabolism and Meat Quality
- Processed Meats
- Stunning & Slaughter
- Stunning & Meat Quality
- Caring for Animals and for Quality
Return to menu
Aimed at professionals, students and researchers in Animal Science, Meat Technology, Veterinary Science, and Applied Ethology (animal behaviour).
Pogressive animal production methods must deliver high quality meat to the consumer, while at the same time promote the welfare of farmed animals. The literature on animal welfare has expanded immensely over recent years, but until now no book has related this area to that of meat science. This book aims to fill that gap. It provides a general review of current knowledge of the welfare of farmed animals, including fish, as this impacts upon meat quality. It represents a textbook for graduate level courses in animal welfare or meat science, but will also be of interest to a wide range of readers in animal, veterinary and food sciences, and in applied ethology.
Search for books/games/gifts by keyword/age/group/gender or author:
UK & Europe Canada Amazon.com
Book Reviews: Leisure & Novels * Cookery * Computers & Software * Healing